Friday, March 26, 2010

back to running! and a quick PSA

I am behind in a million ways....one of them being here in bloggy land! But, I am trying to catch up so bear with me ok?

I ran last night, I did a gentle two miles and I felt pretty good, I did not hurt until after I was done. I felt like my body weighed 5,000 pounds but I set out to run and I accomplished that, and it felt good!

I am part of Tall Mom'shere virtual Race tomorrow!!! Yikes it will be the first time I have ever run a 10k!! I am so nervous and I am still trying to come up with a fun outfit to wear! It is supposed to be a beautiful day, I just hope these ole' legs can hang in there with me.

Just as a quick PSA please be nice to your children, I know not all days are perfect and that sometimes when you hear someone say "Mommy" for the one millionth time that day it makes you feel like pulling your hair out...believe me I have been there. I also know when one of my kiddos slides on pavement ON THEIR KNEES...I pick them up, hug them, make sure they are o.k. and then possibly go on and explain why the should slow down if the situation so warrants such a speech....I witnessed a Mother today watch her three year old take a hard fall, the mother started screaming and yelling, and then picked the child up and swatted her!! Now, I am trying not to be overly judgmental, because I am not in her situation, but seriously could she have just hugged the poor kid!! ugghhh sorry that was my rant! I will let it alone now, I just always think about how fast my girls are growing and one day a hug will not take away the hurt, so I am going to give as many as I can now....and really who is that lady kidding, her child maybe should have not run, but what kid doesn't run and fall?

Ok seriously done now!

So pray to the running gods tonight, that your hunky chunky running friend (ahem me) with the sore legs makes it for a 10k! tomorrow.....and look forward to my race report!!

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Amen! I feel ya. It's really frustrating to see parents like that.

    Good luck tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be GREAT!! Just enjoy it. My outfit looks like pure pepto :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck tomorrow you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, you're going to do great on your run!! and you are NOT 'chunky' lol. Goof. You look amazing! I agree on the PSA btw, I'm not a mother, but it amazes me how little patience I see some parents have. I want to ask them 'why did you have kids if you constantly treat them like they're a nuisance??'. But I guess it's not my place to judge.

    Have a great day and a great run! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can check out my outfit on my race recap! I ended up doing the 5K virtual race! Rock that 10K ... hey and you instantly get a PR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on running your first 10k no matter what after you finish you will feel so accomplished.
    And I agree totally with your PSA it was a nice little reminder thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great time running your 10k! And your PSA is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Talk about behind: I'm a day late (at least) and a dollar short. Hope the race was awesome!
    Shame on that grouchy mama!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your 10K went well today. Look forward to reading about it!

    ReplyDelete